Good evening everyone! It sure has been a gusty fall weekend! In Grade 1 we are continuing to enjoy exploring God's creation as we move into our Fall Unit, and as we continue to study God's faithfulness to Abraham in the Bible. We are moving on to the story of Isaac this week.
1. Thanks to those who have helped their children collect different coloured leaves. We hope to put our booklets together this week! If you have any OAK or MAPLE LEAVES in your area, I'd love a bag of them for our fall art project LEAF RUBBINGS that are coming up :) I've scoped out lots of round leaves but haven't found any oak or maple yet.
2. MEMORY: I will be sending a NEW BIBLE MEMORY tomorrow for you to start practicing with your child. With the short week this week I will not be asking the kids until FRIDAY OCTOBER 27. I've been asking the kids their thanksgiving verse this week and a pink sheet will come home when your child has said it to me.
3. CORN MAZE on TUESDAY! PLEASE SIGN and return the permission form and send $5 with your child if you are able. The bus will leave at 11:30 so we can eat lunch AT the cornmaze. Let me know if you are wanting to come with us that day. If you would like to take our child home after the corn maze please let me know so I can send a back pack with them.
4. NO SCHOOL on Thursday and Friday due to Teacher Convention in Calgary.
Enjoy another long weekend coming up with your child! Thanks for all you do!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! We have much to be thankful for and I pray that this weekend was a time of reflection and thankfulness for what God has blessed us with!
Thank you for everyone who came to our Harvest Celebration last Friday! The kids were SO excited for you to come and for them to share with you what we have been doing in Grade 1 so far! Also Thank you for helping your child bring food items in for the Food Bank. We collected 95 items for the Food Bank! The kids were excited to sort them and count them before bringing them 'train style' to the Front Lobby!
It's a shorter week coming up so here is what you need to know:
1. NO BIBLE MEMORY THIS WEEK-I will finish assessing their Psalm 100 memory work. I will send a sheet home when they have said it to me so you know they have said it to me :)
2. Wednesday is the first day back this week so please remind your child to BRING LIBRARY BOOKS back :)
3. We have Language Learning time every day from 10:45 to 11:45 each day. If you would like to come and help us run one of the centers any of those days once in a while or on a regular basis, please email me and let me know and I'll schedule you in! Thank you!
4. We will be doing a LEAF ART project and a LEAF BOOK coming up in October. With the leaves turning and falling so quickly already, it would be great if your child could collect a VARIETY OF LEAVES to use for a leaf rubbing activity and a leaf book. I will be sending a sheet home that asks for several colours of leaves. Please plan to collect as many of these with your child at home as you can, in a nearby park or in the river bottom and return to school by FRIDAY OCTOBER 16
5. September Scholastic books should be in soon! If you have any OCTOBER SCHOLASTIC you would like to order, please do so by Friday, Oct. 13 so that I can put the order in next weekend. Thanks!
Have a great week everyone!
Good evening parents! We are into October! We are glad to be into some routines now in Grade 1. The kids had a great time on our Terry Fox Walk and we are thankful once again for your support! Grade 1 is also excited about Giving Thanks to God this week for everything He has blessed us with! Some reminders:
1. Memory Work: Psalm 100:4 and 5 that was sent home this week is what we will be practicing this week for Friday.
2. Thank you for your support so far in our Canned Food Drive for the Food Bank. You don't have to bring in 'cans' of food. All items are welcome :) We will continue to collect until Thursday. We will do our big wrap up on Thursday.
3. I have Parents for Tuesday and Wednesday LA centers so far. Thanks :) If someone wants to pop in Monday let me know otherwise we are good for the week. Keep your eyes open for other chances coming up soon :)
4. I have 2 Parents for muffin day ( Brenda and Carol) and I have 1 parent for Thursday applesauce ( Cheryl) so if you can help out Thursday around 10:30 let me know! Thanks!
5. Reminder that our PARENT CELEBRATION will take place after the chapel on Friday morning for about half an hour. We hope to see you there!
6. If you have any Scholastic Book Orders please send them to school ASAP :) Thanks!
Thank you for your continued support and prayers! Have a blessed week!
Good evening parents and welcome to Fall!! We have many exciting things happening in October in Grade 1. I'll do my best to inform you what's coming up this week and what is coming up in October. Take note of our PARENT EVENT OCT. 6!
1. Memory Work-Due to a busy Friday I haven't had time to ask your kids their memory work yet. I'll do that this week and I'll send home their Thanksgiving Memory work with them tomorrow that will be due FRIDAY OCTOBER 6.
2. Library-Wednesday. Please make sure you child's books are returned with the red book bag provided by Mrs. Konynenbelt.
3. Terry Fox Walk FRIDAY PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN PERMISSION SLIP FOR YOUR CHILD TO GO TO HENDERSON
4. TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 26-Orange Shirt Day-is promoting EVERY CHILD MATTERS-to inform kids they will be watching a video this week and we will be talking about how every child matters no matter their ability, race, religion, skin colour...It will specifically target Metis and Inuit inclusion. .Please have your child wear an ORANGE SHIRT on TUESDAY
*Friday is also when we will participate in the Terry Fox Walk- We will be driving to Henderson Lake by bus with the rest of our school. We plan to arrive around 1:00 at the Park. Grade 1 will be doing the shorter loop. If you would like please send a Toonie for Terry on Friday with your child. The money will go towards Cancer Research. The kids will get a sticker saying " I AM WALKING FOR__________" If you have someone in your family or a friend that your child has known that is fighting cancer or has passed away from cancer, let you child know and we will print those names on their sticker that will go on their shirt.
****If you are interested***you are welcome to join us for our walk. Please let me know and I can give you the location of our starting point.
4. We start our Thanksgiving Unit this week- I will be asking your child to bring in an APPLE and a POTATO in the next week or so. Please send in a baggie with their name :) I am also wondering if anyone knows where we could get more apples???? Does anyone have an apple tree or access to one? We are looking for enough apples to make a fair bit of apple sauce :) Thanks!
5. *Thanksgiving Chapel is next Friday (OCT. 6) and we would like to invite PARENTS to come and participate in our Harvest Celebration after the Chapel!Please join our class to see what we've been up to! The students will share some of the work they have been doing and some special treats for you! We hope to see you there!*****
6. HOT LUNCH FRIDAY-HAMBURGERS
7 Thank you for those who have brought in NUTS for our Fall activity. If you have any more around your area or park I would love some more! Thank yoU!
That's it for now! Thanks for your support and have a great week!!!
Good evening parents! I hope you have had a cool and enjoyable weekend! We are finding our groove in Grade 1 and the kids are becoming more comfortable with each other and the routines! A few things to note for this week:
1. Scholastic Book order forms went home this week. There are a lot of good quality books in the flyers for reasonable prices. If you would like to order books for your child you can order them online and pay online and our classroom gains points toward books for our classroom! If you are interested I'd like to send our order in this week. Please return by THURSDAY-SEPTEMBER 21
2. Library Wednesday.
3. PANCAKE BREAKFAST on Friday at 10:00 for pastors, busdrivers and students. Please send a PLATE and UTENSILS with your child in a bag.
4. EARLY DIMISSAL THIS FRIDAY AT 2:00-please plan to pick up your kids at this time if you normally do so, and the busses will run their regular routes starting at 2:00 on Friday.
5. Thank you to those who have donated items to our classroom so far! It's very much appreciated! If you are willing could your child collect any ACORNS, HAZELNUTS or other nuts that they find near their homes or in their nearby parks for a FALL ACTIVITY we do in October. The squirrels get them quickly :) If you have any old nuts lying around I'd love those as well, but please NO PEANUTS! THANK YOU!
Good evening! I have enjoyed my first week with your children! I think it's going to be a great year. We are establishing relationships and routines and having fun! Some regular things will be starting up this week. Here are some reminders.
1. Your kids will come home with their first memory work from Matthew 5:16 which is our theme this year in our classroom. " In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.. We will practice that in class but if you can practice this with your child this week I hope to ask them on Fridays. Look for it in the front of your child's agenda.
2. Wednesday will be our Library day. Please have your child return their books in their bag. They will choose new books that day.
3. PICTURE DAY IS WEDNESDAY! If you haven't returned the picture form yet, please send it to school with your child.
4. Hot lunch is due on cash online by Sunday night and it's Hot Lunch-hotdogs-on Friday. Please send a drink with your kids for lunch.
I pray you have a good week and that we will have a great week again in Grade 1! Thanks for your prayer and support!